2018’s Australian of the Year - Travelling Exhibition
This free exhibit is the only presentation of its kind in Victoria. It showcases each of the state and territory 2018 Australian of the Year recipients and is open to the public at the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, until Sunday August 5.
The exhibit features personal stories behind each recipient’s inspiring achievement and respective items of significance, including:
- Signed head gear and letter (NRL footballer Johnathan Thurston, Queensland)
- House of Staunton chess set (quantum physics researcher Prof Michelle Simmons, New South Wales)
- Graduation sash and rosary (entrepreneur Mark Devow, ACT)
- Miniature unicycle ‘trophy’ (famed actor Samuel Johnson OAM, Victoria)
- Miniature manuals and ‘Chinese junk’ model (theater director Scott Rankin, Tasmania)
- 3D model nylon skull (craniofacial surgeon Prof David David AC, South Australia)
- Pilbara dirt and citizenship certificate (psychologist Dr Tracy Westerman, Western Australia)
- The Open Heart Story painting (paediatric cardiologist Dr Bo Reményi, Northern Territory).